The January 25 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 27 members and three guests: Yechen (former members, 3rd visit), Daniel (3rd visit), Jessica (1st visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Networking”. The word of the day was: “salubrious”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Christi
Spark Plug = Katharine
Risk Taker = Roman
Best Evaluator = Dustin
Most Improved Speaker = Jeff
Second Best Speaker = Jeff
Best Speaker = Cynthia
Table Topics Master: Carl
General Evaluator: Joan
Jeff – Number 3 – “Ultimate Networking”
Roman – Impromptu – “An Unwanted Experience”
Katharine – Success Club Series – “Moment of Truth”
Cynthia – Advance – Entertain – Number 1 – “Me Time”
Evaluators: Monika, Hayley, Lauren, Dustin.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Katharine informed us that the upcoming contests will be Table Topics and International. The Area A-2 will be on March 12. The club will schedule ours soon.
– Dustin read the schedule for next week