The January 4 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 24 members and one guest, Bryan (1st visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “New Beginnings”. The word of the day was: “goal”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Roddy
Spark Plug = Carl
Risk Taker = Carl
Best Evaluator = Christi
Most Improved Speaker = Ron
Second Best Speaker = Diana
Best Speaker = Carl
Toastmaster: Dr. Bob
Table Topics Master: Colette
General Evaluator: Michele
Diana – Number 1 – “Connecting the Dots”
Mark – Number 1 – “Life Experiences”
Ron – Number 3 – “What Your Hands Say”
Carl – Advance – To Entertain – Number 3 – “Lying Is a Skill”
Evaluators: Roman, Michael, Jesse, Christi.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Dinh has added our presentation online.
– Michele would like to recognize our hosts who are truly helping us.
– Katharine will have an officers meeting after this meeting.