The January 18 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 27 members and five guests: Tom and Yechen (former members, 2nd visit), Daniel (2nd visit), Lisa and Michael (both 1st visit). Also an inactive member, Giselle, who visits sometimes.
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are onMeetup.com
The theme was: “MKL Day”. The word of the day was: “nonviolent”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Gisele
Spark Plug = Steve
Risk Taker = Cyn
Best Evaluator = Joe
Most Improved Speaker = Cyn
Second Best Speaker = Cyn
Best Speaker = Steve
Table Topics Master: Michael
General Evaluator: Jesse
Christi – Advance – To Inform – Number 1 – “How to Create a Successful Crowd Funding Campaign”
Joani – Number 10 – “From Great to Even Better”
Cyn – Number 4 – “The Power of Gratitude”
Steve – Advance – Story Telling – Number 3 – “You Just Never Know”
Evaluators: Jesse, Jeff, Jason, Joe.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Because of the number of members and guests, it is difficult to keep our meetings on time. We still want to have everyone participate. Several suggestions were made.
– Dustin read the schedule for next week.