The January 11 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 28 members and eight guests, Bryan (2nd visit), Tom and Yechen (former members), Debbie, Daniel, Connie, Erika, and Dimitri (All 5, first visit).
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Transition”. The word of the day was: “vicissitude”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Christi
Spark Plug = Jesse
Risk Taker = Colette
Best Evaluator = Les
Most Improved Speaker = Dustin
Second Best Speaker = Joe
Best Speaker = Dustin
Table Topics Master: Tom
General Evaluator: Roman
Roddy – Number 1 – “Anything Is Possible”
Dustin – Advance – To Inform – Number 1 – “The Emotional Line”
Joe – “Reducing Your Risks”
Colette – Advance – Special Occasion – Number 1 – “A Dedicated member”
Evaluators: Les Jenison, Joani Clayton, Monika Foertig, Hayley Williams.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Dustin read the schedule for next week.
– Katharine reminded us to use Toastmasters topics for the Educational Minutes.
– Colette will go to pick up any manual members need if you let her know by Thursday.
– Christi suggested to have a member follow the progress of each member.
– Katharine reminded us of the rules for attendance. When members cannot attend regularly, they are to be added to the inactive list.
– Katharine thanked the nine members who were at the training on Saturday.