The February 8 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 28 members and six guests: Jessica (3rd visit), Ron, Shawn, Justin, Josephine, Diala (all 1st visit).
No meeting next week, February 15, President’s Day
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are onMeetup.com
The theme was: “St Valentine’s Day”. The word of the day was: “pragmatic”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Giselle
Spark Plug = Jesse
Risk Taker = Daniel
Best Evaluator = Christi
Most Improved Speaker = Diana
Second Best Speaker = Diana
Best Speaker = Roddy
Table Topics Master: John
General Evaluator: Dinh
Daniel – Number 1 – “Who Am I?”
Diana – Number 2 – “G.A.S.P.”
Roddy – Number 2 – “Poison for Breakfast”
Jeff – Number 4 – “Texas Hold’em”
Evaluators: Hayley, Jesse, Lauren, Christi.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Katharine announced that Sandra is assisting the Area A-4 Governor
– Cindy was given the award of being the Best Speaker three times the last term.
– Dinh showed our website where he will show the best speaker each week.
– Katharine asked for a vote to refund $70 to Colette for updating our trophies. It passed.
– Dustin read the schedule for next week.