The February 29 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 21 members and six guests: Jessica (5th visit), Olivia (2nd visit), Scott, Paige, Samer, Chris (all 1st visit).
Jessica was inducted as a new member. Welcome Jessica.
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “The movies”. The word of the day was: “accolade”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Joan
Spark Plug = Dinh
Risk Taker = Dustin
Best Evaluator = Hayley
Most Improved Speaker = Tom
Second Best Speaker = Sandy
Best Speaker = Dustin
Table Topics Master: Roddy
General Evaluator: Joe
Tom – Number 3 – “Steps to Change a Bad Habit”
Dinh – Successful Series – “Toastmasters Educational Program”
Sandra – Advance To Inform – Number 1 – “Getting to Know You”
Dustin – Impromptu – Step Out and Make Something Happen”
Evaluators: Monika, Ron, Jesse, Hayley.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Katharine informed us that our speech contests will be postponed to next week They are Table Topics and the International Speech Contests. The winners will move to the Area Contest on March 12.
– Katharine also noted that Toastmasters International has a new application that may help members.
– There will be an officers meeting next week.
– Diana reminded us that she is collecting the club dues of $75 for April through September. She explained how to use VENMO if we want to pay online.
– Jessica was inducted as a new member. Welcome Jessica.
– Dustin read the schedule for next week.