The February 1 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 25 members and five guests: Yechen (former members, 4th visit), Daniel (4th visit), Jessica, Connie (both 2nd visit), a past member Michael.
Welcome our two new members Yechen and Daniel
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are on Meetup.com
The theme was: “Groundhog Day”. The word of the day was: “dubious”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Roddy
Spark Plug = Dinh
Risk Taker = Dr. Bob
Best Evaluator = Katharine
Most Improved Speaker = Lauren
Second Best Speaker = Jesse
Best Speaker = Dinh
Table Topics Master: Ron
General Evaluator: Michael
Dinh – Advance – Entertain – Number 1 – “triple-t-phobia”
Jesse – Number 6 – “1.5”
Lauren – Number 6 – “AID’s program in Taiwan”
Dr. Bob – Number 7 – “Parliamentary Procedures”
Evaluators: Joani, Katharine, Roman, Tom.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– It is important to keep our introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Please note that we are not to park in the street because it is reserved for the residents.
– Katharine announced that Bob is celebrating his 25th year with our club. Congratulations!
– Because of his health, Geza is going inactive.
– A motion to induct Yechen back in our club. Am amendment to also include Daniel. They passed.
– Welcome Yechen and Daniel
– Katharine informed us that the upcoming contests will be Table Topics and International. The Area A-2 will be on March 12. The club contests will be on February 22.
– Dustin read the schedule for next week.
Best Speaker: Dinh – Advance – Entertaining Speaker Speech 1 – “triple-t-phobia”